Dedication ♦ Determination ♦ DignityProviding client-centered legal services that are expected and deserved. We are in this together.
Chicago Landlord-Tenant Eviction Prosecution Attorneys
Get the Help You Need from Wolff Legal
Unfortunately, evictions are sometimes necessary if you are a landlord in Chicago. As part of the eviction process, you must attend court hearings to prove your eviction case. At Wolff Legal, we know how stressful it is to deal with evictions. Our landlord-tenant lawyers have experience handling eviction prosecution cases in Chicago, and we can use our experience to help you.
Eviction Process in Chicago
In Chicago, landlords are legally required to follow a specific eviction process. This process can be complicated. Consequently, we recommend you consult with a landlord-eviction attorney like ours at Wolff Legal. We can help you understand the legal requirements for evictions in Chicago and we can also represent you in court at your eviction trial.
The eviction process in Chicago involves:
- Issuing a notice of termination to the tenant(s).
- Filing an eviction lawsuit.
- Serving the tenant the appropriate court documents including a summons and complaint.
- Appearing in court for eviction hearings to receive an Eviction Order.
- Placing the Eviction Order with the sheriff and scheduling the eviction of the tenant(s)
- Attending the eviction and removal of the tenant.
In Chicago, landlords are subject to Chicago’s Residential Landlord and Tenant Ordinance (RLTO). This ordinance governs the tenant-landlord relationship and must be adhered to completely. If you have questions about the RLTO and your responsibility as a landlord in Chicago, contact our landlord-tenant attorney for guidance. We can help you understand this ordinance, as well as recent changes that have been made in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Preparing for Court
The decision to evict a tenant is a difficult one. Preparing for the eviction process and your eviction hearing can be incredibly stressful. At Wolff Legal, we work hard to help our clients prepare for this process. From start to finish, we are there to answer your questions and represent you in court.
To prepare for your eviction trial, we recommend that you:
- Make copies of the lease agreement between yourself and the tenant you are evicting.
- Collect all other pertinent documentation regarding the lease and the eviction.
- Gather documentation of all communications between yourself and the tenant.
- Compile all relevant rent receipts and bank statements associated with the lease.
- Combine all other pertinent information related to the eviction.
If you are unsure whether something is relevant to your case, please contact us. The more information we have about your situation, the better able are to help you build a strong case.
We Offer Client-Centered Legal Representation
Dealing with an eviction is tough, and we never take eviction cases lightly. Our Chicago eviction prosecution lawyers are well-versed in the City, County, and State laws that guide landlord-tenant relationships, and we know just how difficult these cases can be. When you need a strong advocate by your side, helping you through a challenging eviction, we are here for you.